Thursday, May 16, 2013

Understand {A Poem}


My heart and pro-con list both say
That this is the right way.
But my indecisive mind sees the good in both lands
So how can I expect you to understand?


Know that you made me a Keystone
With love that said I wasn't alone
And friendships I knew would never fail.
Try to understand, you’ve heard the tales,
I feel great pain in leaving.


The wonders of homeschooling will always amaze me
You were so much better than I expected you to be
You made the Buckeye state feel like a home
But understand, listen to this poem,
This choice was never yours to make.


I won’t leave bitter, I won’t come mourning
And I just hope you won’t think I went without warning
Pennsylvania is the keystone of our happiness,
Just remember, even through this darkness,
My heart will always belong to both my home states.

No comments:

Post a Comment