Thursday, May 30, 2013

Change of Heart {A Poem}

There was a night that was meant to be fun
And my stubborn heart chose that night
To let my deepest feelings run loose.
Though unclear at the time, it made sense eventually.


A ton of little things happened that night
All of which triggered anger within me
My emotions built up until finally
It tore down the wall that surrounded my heart.


It started when we picked teams
In a way that reminded me of home.
The next thing was a pang of jealousy
As a friend left for a louder group.


After that it was a best friend’s ignorance
Next, a friend’s hurtful remark
And that was when I reached my boiling point,
Then, one friend’s kindness brought me back.


There were five friends who helped me
Two asked if I was okay, two consoled me as I cried
And the other offered to listen if I needed to talk.
They were the ones who changed my heart.


Looking back I can see easily the night’s importance
For it made me realize,I was living in a possible future
Paying way too much attention to the past
And failing to live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment