Thursday, May 16, 2013

Rumors {A Poem}


It’s crazy how fast word can spread
Even crazier what people hear instead
And incredibly sad when they don’t hear you
And instead go on, believing what is not true.

Things were never set in stone
I told one person as to not be alone
And she told just one more
Who told many, leaving out the words “We aren’t sure.”

What was then a relief is now an agony
I find myself looking at the past longingly
Wishing for the friendship we once had
And thinking how you have made me sad.

I wish that you would stop saying
That I lied to you about staying.
I promise that is not what I said
That is just how the rumors spread.

If you listen to me, you will know
That it was never certain when I will go.
I fear if you do not hear what I have to say
Bitterness and loneliness is how I will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment